Sunday, August 22, 2010

A Poem for Mothers & Mothers-to-Be

In heaven, the story goes that when the time came for a little angel to be born as a baby, she asked God:

I hear you are sending me down soon and I wonder, how will I survive?  I am so small and fragile and my wings are not that strong..."
And God replied:  "From among many, I have chosen a special Angel for you, who awaits your arrival and will always care for you."
"Here in heaven, all I do is smile and sing.  Is that enough to be happy?"
"Your Angel will sing to you, will smile at you every day, will play with you...and you will feel a deep love that will make you happy."
"How will I understand them down there?  I do not speak their language!?"
"Your Angel will talk to you with kind, beautiful words and with love and tenderness, she will tutor you to understand and be fluent in it."
"What will I do if I want to speak with you?"
"Your Angel will put your tiny hands together and she will teach you to pray: that is how you will be able to speak to me."
"Father, I hear there are malicious men on earth.  Who will defend me from them?"
"If necessary, your Angel will defend you and guard you with her own life!"
"I will be sad as I will never see you again."
"Your Angel will talk to you about me.  She will show you the path to return to me.  Do not fear, I will always be with you."

Heaven was peaceful, voices from earth were heard, and the little angel, feeling rushed and agitated, with tears in her little eyes said:

"Lord, I am leaving already; tell me her name, what is my Angel's name?"
"Her name does not matter, you will always call her...MOM."

No comments:

Post a Comment